ASCAP Foundation/Universal Theatrical Group UTG Musical Theatre Workshop at The Wallis in Los Angeles in 2019 and the ASCAP Foundation New York Theatre Workshop in 2019 both directed by Stephen Schwartz
Applications for both the Los Angeles and New York 2019 workshops are now being accepted simultaneously. You are applying for both workshops and if selected could have the option to participate in either city
Dates: Los Angeles: May 18th & 19th, 2019
New York: Fall 2019- Exact dates TBA
Writers interested in applying for participation in the ASCAP Foundation Musical Theatre Workshop in Los Angeles should submit the following:
- CD of four (4) songs from your musical
- Lyric sheets for each of the four songs
- A brief description of each song as to its plot placement
- A brief synopsis of the musical
- Biographical information for each composer, lyricist and book writer
- Contact information (including e-mail address, phone number and mailing address)
Send your completed submission package to:
Michael A. Kerker
7920 Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
ATTN: ASCAP Musical Theatre Workshop
DEADLINE: Submissions must be received in the ASCAP office by FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019.
- EVEN THOUGH THE WORKSHOP IS IN LOS ANGELES AND NEW YORK, APPLICATIONS SHOULD ONLY BE SENT TO LOS ANGELES.
- Please submit four (4) songs only. If you send a full recording, ASCAP will only listen to the first four (4) songs.
- Submissions do not need to be produced in a studio as we are looking for talent and potential, not production values.
- If your musical is selected, you will need to present 50 consecutive minutes from the musical at the workshop. The 50-minute selection must include book and songs.
- THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO PRESENT MATERIAL IN THE WORKSHOP WILL BE CONTACTED BY MARCH 29, 2019.
- Those who will be invited to audit the workshop will receive an e-mail invitation.
- Please do not call to ask if you have been selected.
Submissions will not be returned.
Have the NYC dates been determined yet?
Not as of today. I’ll post as soon as I hear!