How ‘bout we skip right ahead to the center of the tootsie-pop? MusicalWriters.com is the new-kid-on-the-block who’s making giant leaps in helping writers of new musicals move their shows forward. We are biased — but we are pretty sure we are the coolest place to work—and definitely the friendliest. And we really believe that we are changing the world. Work with us!
HIRING: Possibly The Coolest Part Time Marketing Job Ever
First things first:
We’re looking for a mover-and-shaker who has creative marketing chops, can tango with a spreadsheet, loves engaging with other theatre folks, and is a mad-scientist strategic planner.
The pay is $15/hour. (We know you won’t get rich at this job. But we also know that everyone connected with the theatre doesn’t do it for the money.) We have a passion for theatre, and we’re excited to get up every day and help people create more. We hope you will, too.
(NOTE: You may have the privilege of coming across and helping support the next Lin Manuel Miranda, and if you do, those insider privileges become serious job perks.)
Here’s the good stuff:
1. We’re fully remote. Just think of all the time (and gas!) you’ll save on your commute. We’re also cool to work in our favorite sweats and show swag.
2. The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly for our CEO Holly Reed and our Producing Director Rebecca Lowrey, helping them with a mix of projects and support.
3. We aren’t big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
4. The hours are super flexible. We will work with your schedule to get a routine that works for you. Two long days a week best for you? No problem. Rather work mid morning until mid afternoon? Cool, we can do that too.
5. Did we mention it’s really fun work? You will experience things, do things, and make decisions on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do.
6. Every 3 months, you get to share in our profits. You read that right!!! Every ninety days, all our employees who have worked here for more than 6 months get to share in our company profit. Chaching-ga!!!
Now, let’s talk about the job requirements:
1. You need to be the type person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff.
2. You will be on the computer a lot. So, an understanding of social media, email, navigating the web, and other computer based stuff will be necessary.
3. You will be on the phone a lot. So, you need to enjoying talking with people and giving/getting direction.
4. You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people. You know, you need to be someone who feels good by making other people feel good.
5. You need to nail the details. We’re not micromanagers, so we need someone who can be given a task, ask necessary questions, and then execute with excellence.
In short, your job is to help Holly and Rebecca in any way you can. And to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn’t fun?!?). Our vibe is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality. But what we don’t expect is perfection or existing skills for you to qualify for this job. We can teach you that. We expect intelligence, energy, and a get it done attitude.
Let’s do this!
To learn more about us, check out MusicalWriters.com. If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But if you prefer compensation (and we totally get it…we prefer getting paid as well) this is what we offer: This is a part-time job. The pay is $15 an hour and the hours will be 10-15 a week to start. (If you’re super amazing and grow the biz, you can expect to be working—and making—more very soon. And don’t forget that profit-sharing aspect!)
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. In fact, just to prove that you are detail-oriented and can follow procedures, when you apply for this position you must include “I have found my peeps” in the subject line. Yep, that’s our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone from the folks (that’s you) who are truly interested in this position.
To apply, send your resume here. We can’t wait to meet you!!!
P.S. We are looking to bring our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video in along with your resume. In your video tell us why you think you’re perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. This is purely for us to get a sense of your personality.
Interested in an internship? Click here.