Write Your Own 10-Minute Solo Show
While we wait for the theater to return, now is the perfect time to take control of your career by writing the solo show that will break you out as a multi-hyphenate artist.
Whoopi Goldberg, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and John Leguizamo all got their start by creating unique and dynamic theater pieces that told their stories and showcased their strengths. In this friendly, beginners-welcome virtual class, you will be guided through an eight-week process that will leave you with a 10 minute solo show worthy of a star: YOU!
- Class meets via Zoom once per week for 8 weeks.
- First class meets Monday, February 22, 7:30–9pm EST.
- Class is limited to 15 participants.
- Midway through, you will have a private coaching session with your instructor to check in, ask questions, receive dramaturgical support, and dream and scheme regarding your final presentation.
- Class fee: $199 ($169 for Academy Members)
- Class instructor: Phoebe Nir
About the Instructor
Phoebe Nir’s play, ECO VILLAGE, had a critically acclaimed production off-Broadway in 2019. She was received at the White House by Barack Obama as a Presidential Scholar of the Arts in Writing, and was nominated for the prestigious Pushcart Prize for excellence in short fiction. Her pop/rock EPs “Side Hustle” and “Red Tape Nation” were released by True Groove Records. She holds a BA from Brown University in Writing for Performance, and an MA in Drama Therapy from NYU. She is currently practicing as a Creative Arts Therapist at The Actors Fund. Phoebe is delighted to be working with MusicalWriters.com!