2022 Musical Writers Festival Video Archive
The 2022 Musical Writers Festival video archive is the full recordings of all our Festival offerings, including classes on writing, development, adaptations, a new works cabaret, song feedback workshop, and more!
- Keynote by Drew Gasparini
- Keynote by Macy Schmidt
- Pitching & Marketing 101 (Holly Reed)
- Navigating Character Descriptions and Cast Requirements (Rebecca Lowrey)
- Defining Development Steps: Timeline, Costs, Am I Ready? (Holly Reed)
- Piano/Vocal Score: Dos and Don’ts (Rebecca Lowrey)
- Building Compelling Plots and What ‘Raising the Stakes’ Really Means (Sam Carner)
- The Challenge of Adaptations and What Makes Musicals Different (Sam Carner)
- Round Table: Tips and Tools for Collaboration
- Round Table: What Do Actors Want Writers to Know?
- Round Table with High School and College Theatre Professionals
- Song Feedback Workshop 1
- Song Feedback Workshop 2
- New Works Cabaret
- Staged Reading of “Little Things the Musical”
ACADEMY MEMBERS: $0 (Academy Members click here to access)
The first 25 to purchase will receive a hard copy of the Ultimate Musical Writer’s Planner – Festival Edition! It is our #1 selling tool at MusicalWriters. You’ll find guides on outlining story structure and character development, charts for determining vocal ranges and rhyme patterns, checklists for readings and marketing, goal planning sheets, a 12-month planning calendar, and much, much more. It’s the ULTIMATE planner and workbook to take you from concept to stage.
Note: Videos are live recordings of classes held at the Festival. Videos will be accessible for 12 months after purchase.