A unique educational collaboration between MSU Department of Theatre in the College of Arts and Letters and the Institute for Arts & Creativity at Wharton Center
We are proud to announce MSU ĭmáGen 2019. MSU ĭmáGen is an opportunity unlike any other to develop your new musical at a Big 10 University.
Accepting Script/Score Submissions NOW – Public Performances Fall 2019
- We are seeking new musicals for developmental workshop residency at Michigan State University.
- The chosen musical will select a creative team according to the needs of the show and may include AEA actors, a director, and others.
- If the work is not original, you must be prepared to show proof that you have acquired the underlying rights or that the source material is in public domain.
- Alongside the professional creative team established for your show, the cast will be supported by the talents of MSU Department of Theatre and area middle and high schools students.
- Submit your new musical at the following link and be prepared to upload 3 demo songs and 30 pages of libretto: http://theatre.msu.edu/imagen-submission
- The focus of ĭmáGen is to educate our students while developing new relationships with professionals in the industry. Your team will teach master-classes during the day, and workshop your musical theatre piece in the evening. You have the ability to add new pages, songs, extract scenes – whatever you wish to accomplish in the workshop experience.
- Your creative team will receive an honorarium, housing and travel accommodations to workshop your new musical over a two week period on the MSU Campus.
- Rehearsals will take place Fall 2019. Ideal cast size: 20-30. Ideal Band size: 3-5.
- A minimum of two premiere public staged-concert performances of your musical will be held at Wharton Center’s Pasant Theatre.
NEED HELP WITH SUBMISSIONS?
Send us a message on our Support Services page (select “Submission Guidance”). Our MusicalWriters staff can help get your submission package looking professional (it matters!).