Theatre Under The Stars is a Houston based non-profit institution dedicated to enriching life through the experience of quality musical theatre and positively impacting lives beyond the stage through innovative education and community outreach initiatives.
Performed downtown at the Hobby Center, TUTS seasons feature a spectacular mix of touring musicals and self-produced shows, from witty, innovative farce to tales as old as time. The center also houses TUTS’ educational arm and renowned training program, Humphreys School of Musical Theatre, which has produced notable alumni like Chandra Wilson, Bruce Norris and Michelle DeJean. To deepen our community outreach and engage in an even wider array of arts education programming, TUTS merged with The River Performing and Visual Arts Center in 2010, which allows children with disabilities, disadvantages or chronic illness to delight in the joys of singing, dancing and acting. In short, if you can’t make it to the theatre, TUTS will bring the theatre to you.
TUTS has distinguished itself on both the local and international stage as a Houston institution dedicated to enriching the lives of all audiences through the incomparable experience of musical theatre.
Submitting to Theatre Under The Stars
If you have written a musical that you feel is appropriate for TUTS mainstage, please include the following materials in your submission:
- 1-2 Page Synopsis that includes a character breakdown in pdf form.
- If a script exists, a 10-20 page excerpt from the script in pdf form.
- Bios for all artistic collaborators including contact information.
- Links to tracks/demos of the music. This can be to Dropbox or other file sharing website.
- Please do not email the full script unsolicited. Upon reviewing your submission, we will request a full script if we believe that your show is right for our theatre. Please allow up to 3 months for a review or response to your submission.
- Electronic submissions only. Please no hard copies.
You may submit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to read this article before you submit: 5 Tips for Emailing Musical Submissions